Friday, September 26, 2008

TT West RoadTrip 2008 - Brief Snapshot of Day 4 & 5

Days 4 and 5 are recapped. Day 4 was spent in Yellowstone Park and in addition to seeing a spectacular shot of a buck sporting about 30 elk, we were treated to a great dinner at Bar Ranch. The meal was great but the venue was absolutely tremendous.

Needing to pull in 1200 miles in 2 days to keep my scheduled timeline of being back in Los Angeles by 4pm Saturday, I left Yellowstone at the crack of dawn 6:45am, and while somewhat nervous about driving through the forest before the sun came out due to the many wild animals that are on the roadside, I was surprised at the number of people I saw who apparently camped out to try and catch the "perfect shot" in the early dew. I finally arrived in Salt Lake at around 1pm and rather than do a sit down lunch and break, I decided to grab some tacos on the curb (see photo). What a meal for $5. Anyway, this allowed me to take a break and nail another 350 miles to Saint George, as my timeline was to arrive at 6pm. Even though I ran into construction traffic, I did very good time and arrived by 5:40pm. After some well deserved rest my plan is to leave here by 10am tomorrow.

Once, all my photos are uploaded I will post a more thorough recap.

Cheers!!!!

No comments: